Dyed hair is inherently more fragile than natural hair. Between the products used to modify its color and the damage caused, in particular, by the heat of the dryers, pollution and UV, it endures a lot. To protect it from the roots to tips, care for color-treated hair are necessary and effective. Biocoiff' has formulated a complete range to help you protect highlights and prolong the shine of your color.
How to take care of colored hair?
Colored and highlighted hair requires more attention than natural hair. The fact of having modified their color weakens them, especially if you opted for a chemical coloring . The products used to transform the base color are particularly aggressive and stripping. In addition, the pigments will be removed with each wash and the shades will fade. Hot water and unsuitable hair care products cause the scales to open up, allowing the pigments to pass through. Strengthening fiber and avoiding dehydration are the objectives of 100% natural color hair care. To achieve this, you will need to set up a complete hair care routine that starts with the choice of a shampoo for colored hair which you will complete with one of the following organic hair care products:
- The aloe vera gel vera gel both coats and moisturizes colored hair. The properties of this plant will protect your hair from UV, heat and dehydration. The gel ofaloe vera gel acts as a resurfacing treatment for all types of colored hair. It lightly coats the cuticle to avoid weighing down the hair. It reduces the opening of the scales and makes your hair shinier.
- The ylang ylang conditioner is particularly suitable for colored hair. Applied after shampooing, it facilitates detangling of the lengths and coats the hair to lock the pigment in the cuticle. It will prolong your color and preserve the shine of highlights.
- Geisha oil is very effective in protecting dry hair from dehydration. It is therefore also suitable for colored hair, which shares this water deficit with brittle hair. Geisha oil is also a leave-in heat protectant that adds shine to color and reduces frizz.
Last advice, if you are not already a fan. Test the colorings plant-based with natural pigments. They will allow you to play with the color of your hair while preserving its texture. They are treating, covering and suitable for all hair types, including white hair.
What masks for dry and dehydrated colored hair?
In addition to these treatments to be done after shampooing to facilitate styling and improve the hold of the blow-dry, you can perform deep hair care. The balms formulated by Biocoiff' laboratories contain exclusively natural elements chosen for their hair properties. Enriched with oils and butters of plant origin, they will nourish the hair. Our hairdressers use them regularly in the salon and you can benefit from the same formulations as a private individual. Push the door of their salon and follow their adviceyou will get the same good results as they do. Do not hesitate to come and ask them.
- Rose Balm combines the subtle fragrance of Damask rose essential oil with the properties of mango butter, rosemary and castor oil. Combined, they will moisturize and regenerate the hair in depth. This balm is recommended for colored, dry and curly hair.
- The Rosewood Balm is a cocktail of fats plant-based associated with essential oil of rose. Applied once a fortnight as a mask, it will repair hair sensitized by colorings.
- Jasmine Balm is used to treat dry hair. This treatment, which combines rosemary, jasmine and coconut, will strengthen the fiber hair and repair the damage caused by dehydration.
Frequently asked questions
How to take care of your highlight in summer?
Sea water is harmful to colored hair because it opens the scales. It destroys the keratin and UV rays weaken the fiber capillary, not to mention the iodine and the dry/wet alternation. As the days go by at the beach and in the sun, the hair loses its protective film. It becomes rough, dull and dry. Colored hair is even more sensitive to damage caused by these climatic conditions. To prevent your highlights from becoming dull after a highlight mineral you should think about :
- Sheathing your hair with geisha oil
- Put on a hat to protect your lengths from UV rays.
- Wash your hair with a shampoo for dry or dehydrated hair.
- Do a deep nourishing treatment once a week with the rose balm.
Which shade is the most fragile?
Blonde and all its shades are more fragile than browns and chestnuts. To prevent your strands from getting sunburned and turning greenish highlights , it is essential that you protect your hair with heat protection products. You can apply the products we use before blow-drying or straightening your hair. The aloe vera gel prevents the pigments from bleeding. You can also spray geisha oil to moisturize your hair.
Why is organic hair care better for colored hair?
Organic hair care products are more effective for colored hair because they do not contain drying or harsh chemicals. Silicones and parabens tend to stifle the fiber hair. These agents have an artificial effect on the hair that actually harms its structure.