Dandruff affects one in two people. If you are one of them, you have only one thing in mind: to get rid of it. The dandruff hair care products created by Biocoiff' are a solution to limit and control their appearance. How to treat them on a daily basis and with which anti-dandruff care products? We give you solutions tested by our professionals in their salon, to take back home quietly.
Why do we suffer from dandruff in our hair?
When you're prone to dandruff, it's not the little white dusts on the shoulders of dark jackets that bother you the most, but the dry, itchy feeling on your scalp that makes you want to scratch. Limescale, too much sensitivity to chemicals, an imbalance in seborrhea and the presence of a microscopic fungus are the causes of dry or greasy dandruff in the hair. Generally, dry dandruff, recognizable by its white color , is caused by dehydration of the scalp, which leads to flaking, accompanied by irritation and tightness. Oily dandruff is due to hyper seborrhea caused by the proliferation of a microscopic fungus: the Malassezia. Nothing serious in itself, but a cohabitation badly lived by those which accomodate this micro-organism.
What organic dandruff care should I use?
Anti-dandruff treatments will treat the scalp by regulating seborrhea and slowing the proliferation of the fungus Malassezia. Any anti-dandruff treatment starts with an organic anti-dandruff shampoo without sulfate or aggressive products, completed by different care according to the nature of the dandruff.
- Hemp oil scrub made from hemp seed, apricot kernel powder, vegetable glycerin and hemp oil will gently exfoliate the scalp to rid it of deposits and impurities. If you are plagued by oily dandruff, we recommend that you precede your anti-dandruff shampoo with a scalp peel.
- The aloe vera gel is used after shampooing. This heat-protective leave-in treatment will moisturize your roots and rebalance their sebum production.
- Geisha oil is used as a serum. You can spray it daily on your tips and lengths to moisturize and close the scales of the hair shaft.
Our masks to eliminate dandruff
If you have dry dandruff, you undoubtedly have rough and dull hair. You must accompany your treatment shampoo with with a deep treatment at least once every two weeks.
- The rosewood balm will help regenerate your scalp to better control sebum production. The goal is to space out shampoos and eliminate any scalp irritation. It will repair the damage caused by too aggressive hair products.
- The ylang-ylang conditioner can also be used as a treatment for hair with dandruff tendency. Its formula without sulfates nor silicones combined with the benefits of ylang-ylang will respect the sensitivity of the scalp and will contribute to rebalance its pH to slow down the production of sebum. In this case, apply it after your shampoo and leave it on for at least 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing with clear water.
Frequently asked questions
Why is it so difficult to get rid of dandruff?
The appearance of dandruff is linked to an irritation of the scalp due to sometimes very different causes: a pathology, a medicated treatment or a hormonal disorder. To eliminate it, you must also get rid of the cause. A simple anti-fungal or anti-dandruff treatment is not enough.
Why is a hair peel recommended?
The hair scrub is a complementary care to the shampoo. The peeling will allow to eliminate all the impurities on the surface of the hair: dead cells, excess of sebum and dandruff. It can be done alternately with a shampoo with three clays. The exfoliating agents associated with the keratin will activate the microcirculation.
Why do we have dry dandruff?
A shampoo that is too harsh, colorings too close together or the frequent use of dry shampoo or fatigue or stress can be responsible for dry dandruff. Washing your hair with an anti-dandruff shampoo will treat. If you have a dry scalp, you can moisturize it with geisha oil or regular sprays of rose mist.
How do you distinguish dry dandruff from oily dandruff?
If in doubt, do this simple test: crush a few films between two pieces of tissue paper or two pieces of blotting paper. If a greasy spot appears, it is greasy dandruff. You can also go to one of our to one of our hairdressers and ask her to make a diagnosis. He or she will tell you what kind of dandruff you have and what hair routine to put in place to get rid of it.