Better than any explanations, this is an educational video produced by Biocoiff and Logona, which explains very well how standard chemical and organic hair colors operate.
|CHEMICAL HAIR COLORING|
- Requires prior peroxide bleach, coloration chemically modifies hair pigments.
- Entails a chemical reaction inside the hair.
- Contains (among others) toxic aromatic amines, that can be absorbed by the skin.
- Possibility to darken and lighten hair without limit, fast application.
- Permanently damages hair, both permanent or temporary hair coloration.
It’s a two step process. First of all, an oxydizing reaction with the effect of bleaching the hair. Second, a chemical process giving the hair the desired pigment.
|ORGANIC HAIR COLORING|
- Organic coloring coats and sheathes the hair fiber,
- Does not cause chemical reaction inside the hair but falls like a veil on the hair.
- Organic hair coloring cannot make the hair lighter in color.
- Long application time, long lasting coloration.
- Brings more or less deep copper sheen.
- Brings definition, shine and volume. Like stain on wood, it operates with semi transparency creating heavy and natural shades.
- Lacks any toxic and harmful substances.